The Rest of the Story is Obvious

by on September 27, 2006 at 7:21 am in Current Affairs | Permalink

Fairfax employees get to keep using their government cars only if they drive more than 4,500 miles a year.  The rest of the story is obvious.

Drug war hysteria means that the allergy medication pseudoephedrine is now kept under lock and key and purchasers must have their IDs checked and logged.  The rest of the story is obvious.  Achoooo!

Jon September 27, 2006 at 8:41 am

Personal Anecdote:

A throat/sinus bug swept through campus last week. I felt like I was coming down with it so I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some decongestants and Vitamin C to try and fight this off. It took me 10-15 minutes to get 1 box of Advil Cold and Sinus Night-time. Thank you US Gov’t for annoying and increasing the cost of such goods, as opposed to increasing the incentive for meth producers to not produce meth!

spencer September 27, 2006 at 9:35 am

Maybe the county needs to subcontract its auto management to “zip-car”.

ModalHubby September 27, 2006 at 11:19 am

A university I have worked for at some point in the past had a peculiar grading policy for freshman. If you got a grade of A to C- in a class, that was your final grade, period. But if you got a D+ or worse, you could take the class again, your first grade would be completely erased, and the second grade would count.

The rest of the story (especially for students who, at best, could receive a C- the first time) is
obvious (but might make a good exam question anyhow.)

Somewhat ironically, microeconomics was one of the most popular courses to “replace.”

Andrew September 27, 2006 at 11:22 am

Wow, Alex has my life down- my company does the same thing (trying to get rid of “underutilized” vehicles based on mileage), and all of the tactics mentioned in the article are used to rack up the necessary miles to keep them.

And if I feel an itch in my throat, I’m lucky enough to live in a certain state where I now need a prescription in order to get Sudafed.

Mr. T. September 27, 2006 at 2:09 pm

Scarhill, that doesn’t make any sense.
The DEA is saying that drug
use is lower in states that restrict
the drug. That supports the opposite
point from the one you made.

Hovig September 28, 2006 at 6:15 pm

Two days ago, Tongxing, a town in China’s Liaoning province, announced a teacher layoff, but according to local news, “the document says single parents with underage children will most likely be retained.”

The rest of the story is obvious.

南京北春 August 21, 2007 at 2:44 am