Markets in Everything: Think Tanks

by on November 23, 2007 at 12:29 pm in Political Science | Permalink

Why buy votes when you can buy the Bay Area Center for Voting Research?  The BACVR analyzes voting trends in California and nationwide; they are best known for their ranking of the most liberal and most conservative cities (pdf) in the nation.  The founders, however, want out and are selling all of BACVR’s intellectual assets, including the organization’s web site, past research, and well-known name on eBay.  The perfect Christmas gift for that political junkie on your list.

Of course some people believe that all think tanks are for sale.

J November 23, 2007 at 1:29 pm

A suggestion: Could you please always warn us if you link to a .pdf file? I would really appreciate it, and I can’t be the only one. :)

Macneil November 23, 2007 at 3:37 pm

Of course some people believe that all think tanks are for sale.

The Creationism selling-out of TechCentralStation comes to mind.

David Zetland November 24, 2007 at 12:59 pm

Any think tank that goes partisan loses the value of neutrality. That’s the fear about the WSJ. This sale is about market intelligence, not biased reports. (If we could ban gerrymandering, its value would plummet!)

Randy (Internet Ronin) November 24, 2007 at 5:47 pm

Madison is in the complete report, Berkley. It ranked around 27th most liberal IIRC. Boise ranked in the mid-50’s conservative I think. The study was of cities above 100,000 population only.

数据恢复 November 30, 2007 at 2:30 am

Best wishes。
Allow me to offer my heartiest wishes.
xicao loves
loves xicao

Jack March 17, 2008 at 10:43 pm

hi,I University majoring in the legal profession.After graduation,I 徵信 the work of the strong interest.Has worked in several徵信社.Has a wealth of experience. Now I immigrants France,Hope to continue to engage in the work of徵信 credit.
now,is to wake up every day to drink å’–å•¡, shopping. I hope that early awareness of Boles.
thanks,thank very much.