The glasses-cleaning machine

by on May 23, 2008 at 9:11 am in Travels | Permalink

The problem with cleaning your glasses is that the drying action can create new smudge.  So the Japanese have invented a machine to address this problem.  The contraption has two pools of whirring water, at different temperatures.  First you dip your glasses into the vibrating pool of warmer water, where some kind of steam action takes place as well.  Afterwards you dip your glasses into the cooler pool of water, which finishes the action and removes the effect of the steam.

I’ve never ever had my glasses so clean before.  I found the glasses-cleaning machine, not surprisingly, in one of the underground passageways near Shinjuku.

MH May 23, 2008 at 9:57 am

You found a machine like this for sale or it was just sitting there like the shoe buffer at the gym? Just curious because I have perpetual dirty glasses.

These are May 23, 2008 at 10:12 am

Ultrasonic cleaning machihnes. Cheap ones can be had for as low as 50USD in Europe.

lolcat May 23, 2008 at 10:54 am

WANT!

Mercutio.Mont May 23, 2008 at 1:04 pm

In my own limited experience, I have to say that in commercial settings the US is the worst when it comes to getting soap residue off of glasses.

nick May 23, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Is is something like this:

Jacob Oost May 23, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Just use Sprayway. Comes in a can at Walmart for three bucks and can be used to clean CRT projector lenses. It’s the best glass cleaner in the world and leaves no streaks. You’ll go around your house and your car looking for glass to clean because it’s so good.

chug May 23, 2008 at 5:32 pm

microfiber towels also work well. The Clean-Rite 7-512 12-Pk is less than $15 on Amazon and they can be used to clean everything.

mjm May 24, 2008 at 1:13 am

I often use the steam wand of my espresso machine, and a clean soft t-shirt once or twice a day†¦

Dave May 24, 2008 at 9:47 am

Go to an eyeglass store. Buy a bottle of their sprayable alcohol solution.

Problem solved.

Do you want me to solve economics for you as well?

Trieu May 24, 2008 at 3:54 pm

I second the recommendation of microfiber cloths. They work amazingly well.

teabow May 24, 2008 at 8:44 pm

I use generic glass cleaner. Two drops (from a little one-ounce dispenser) on each side of each lens and wipe dry with a “dedicated” cloth diaper.
Gets ‘em clean everytime.

抓漏 December 3, 2008 at 10:38 pm

Many people now use the Internet to do business, after receiving the business should be the best as far as possible, to allow customer satisfaction. But some Internet companies, not to start on your money to begin with, so on and then close the first half, resulting in Juankuan flee. Not only did not complete 租車the project, customers would also like to once again spend money and time to decoration. Dear Customer: This is no guarantee as the company not to find the.

green May 15, 2009 at 3:05 am