Markets in everything

by on August 18, 2008 at 3:33 pm in Economics | Permalink

Mr Caballero’s clothes can withstand shots from 9mm pistols to AK-47s
and clients fearing knives can pay extra for stab-proofing.

The market is South Africa and the inspiration is Colombia.  It’s the stab-proofing that impresses me.  Here is the story and I thank NS for the pointer.

sa August 18, 2008 at 3:10 pm

more useful in east london than in good ‘ole
j’berg.

travis August 18, 2008 at 4:25 pm

I visited their headquarters in Bogotá a few months ago. If you are lucky, Mr. Caballero will shoot you. One of the tourists the week before we went was shot while wearing the clothes and was thrilled with the experience. I only went because friends were going, I didn’t want to bother them. But they were so nice to us and overwhelmingly friendly that I just wanted to post about the experience and encourage people to buy some of these cool clothes, at least if you need them. You really can’t tell that the fabrics are abnormal, it is amazing. Now that Colombia is so much safer they depend much more on foreign sales.

Travis

alec August 18, 2008 at 5:03 pm

Rationalitate August 18, 2008 at 5:47 pm

Stories about bulletproof hoodies made the rounds a couple months ago, though I could have sworn that I saw the same thing about four years ago…

Tim Fowler August 18, 2008 at 6:01 pm

RE: “I visited their headquarters in Bogotá a few months ago. If you are lucky, Mr. Caballero will shoot you. One of the tourists the week before we went was shot while wearing the clothes and was thrilled with the experience.”

Either the clothes are VERY heavy, or he is shooting at people with a rather low powered weapon or both. Most body armor doesn’t leave you thrilled with the experience of being hit by a bullet. Also I suppose he would have to shoot at point blank range, right up against the clothes. If he shoots at you from across the room he could always miss the clothes and hit you in an uncovered spot (

jack August 18, 2008 at 6:25 pm

The perfect header? “Batman’s clothes”

jack August 18, 2008 at 6:25 pm

The perfect header? “Batman’s clothes”

assman August 18, 2008 at 10:06 pm

“What a perfect adornment for any aristocrats garb! It’s perfect for those casual summer days when the ownership class wants to free from any pervasive reprecutions in instituting and benefiting from an unjust economic system.”

What a perfect comment from a radical lefty who enjoys the advantages of an economic system thought lifted millions out of poverty while spouting the class warfare rhetoric than killed 100 million people.

Dan Tarrant August 19, 2008 at 9:13 am

Rhetoric kills people – who knew? And such a nice round figure.

air jordan sneakers July 10, 2009 at 12:41 am
sale shoes January 20, 2011 at 2:35 am

I like to read all your articles and also like to spend more and more time on your site so that I can know more interesting stuffs as you always provides.