by Tyler Cowen
on July 10, 2009 at 9:21 am
1. Fischer Black, futurist.
2. Robin Hanson's theory of academia.
3. EconomistsdoitwithModels, from Harvard; stickers are here.
4. The naming of Jane Jacobs Way.
2. Finally. And of course Robin is completely correct. And, that most people think he’s not is heartening. It is the same reason the efficient market theory is going to make me rich.
3. Damn. Scooped again. I love to say that about Engineers.
“My friend Dave…would pour soda out of the cans and bottles in his parents’ house so that he could get the cash for the deposit and/or recycling…Note that Dave wasn’t really doing anything wrong (unless his parents were prescient enough to anticipate and regulate the behavior)”
Of course he was doing something wrong. He was destroying value. Where do economists get this mentality? The older I get, the more I believe Objectivism is righter than bullshonomics, aka economics careerism.
Louzhu you write the article is my favorite model
Comments on this entry are closed.
Previous post: Vaticanomics
Next post: Thanks for bearing with me
Email Tyler Cowen
Follow Tyler on Twitter
Email Alex Tabarrok
Follow Alex on Twitter
Subscribe in a reader
Follow Us on Twitter
Marginal Revolution on Twitter Counter.com
Get smart with the Thesis WordPress Theme from DIYthemes.