by Tyler Cowen
on December 12, 2009 at 5:37 pm
in Web/Tech |
1. Why do the bad guys so often die in groups of thirty?
2. Phone booth as library.
3. The Ajumma rebellion in North Korea.
4. The behavioral psychology of scams and scam victims; an interesting paper.
5. What if David Lynch had directed Return of the Jedi?
Re: deaths in groups of 30–it’s the porcupine rule. See http://snipurl.com/tnswb [underbelly-buce_blogspot_com]
When the tough old ladies start protesting, the end is near.
Personally, I’ve liked tough old ladies my entire life (I’m a middle-aged male). If one likes you, you will NEVER have a more loyal friend.
5. That would have been a disaster. But if he directed Episode 2 that might have been an improvement.
The little pop-up things on the books in the margins of the blog are very very annoying.
Have not seen these in widespread use. Probably because they are so annoying.
I third the motion regarding the pop-up ads. If they went away when my mouse moved off them, that’d be 10 times better. But no; I move the mouse away, and the ad stays up and obscures my view of the content for a couple of seconds (longer if my internet is being slow).
Nthing objection to the pop-up ads. Very very very very annoying.
Comments on this entry are closed.
Previous post: What’s the IQ of the enemy planner?
Next post: *The End of Influence*
Email Tyler Cowen
Follow Tyler on Twitter
Email Alex Tabarrok
Follow Alex on Twitter
Subscribe in a reader
Follow Us on Twitter
Marginal Revolution on Twitter Counter.com
Get smart with the Thesis WordPress Theme from DIYthemes.