by Tyler Cowen
on August 22, 2010 at 1:39 pm
in Web/Tech |
1. Jacob Levy on Ernest Gellner.
2. A menu for our times.
3. Markets in everything: dating site which kicks out non-ugly people.
4. What if I were in charge? (NB: I am not telling you to click on this link)
5. Interfluidity on the Treasury meeting.
6. How are things going for Spain these days?
Well they did win the World Cup.
The dating site is doomed, because ugly people discriminate against other ugly people just as much as everyone else does. Quasimodo wants Esmeralda, not… Quasimodella.
It’s hard to see how they could stay in business, unless the ostensible purpose of the site is not the actual business plan (eg, upselling of some kind).
#3 is perfect swooping grounds for insecure good-looking people.
I can only see the small thumbnails but some of the people there seem fairly attractive. Few are what I’d call “ugly”.
Comments on this entry are closed.
Previous post: Interfluidity on the Treasury Meeting
Next post: Markets in everything
Email Tyler Cowen
Follow Tyler on Twitter
Email Alex Tabarrok
Follow Alex on Twitter
Subscribe in a reader
Follow Us on Twitter
Marginal Revolution on Twitter Counter.com
Get smart with the Thesis WordPress Theme from DIYthemes.