by Tyler Cowen
on November 3, 2010 at 12:39 pm
in Web/Tech |
1. File under "failed symbolisms."
2. The economics of gated newspaper content.
3. Martin Feldstein is skeptical about QEII.
4. Tanker gas, rule the skies.
5. A strange Soviet story.
6. When are people most and least likely to break up, a study using Facebook data.
#4 – "The American military is the strongest and most agile on the planet for one reason – the refueling tanker."
No. While I have been pulling my hair out since the mid-90s over our long-running failure to address this issue, and I acknowledge the critical role tankers play, I cannot stand sentences like this. Where has the binary thinking so prevalent in the last decade come from?
1. "In related news, in Spain, men were recently given the right to take breast-feeding breaks." Good, because I can never finish them in one stretch.
#4 Very well written article about the tankers!
The Monday breakup peaks are interesting, but I'm guessing that those peaks do not represent actual Monday break ups. Rather, my guess is the Monday peaks represent Saturday and Sunday break ups that are updated Monday once the parties are at work/school, and thus are spending time surfing the web and updating facebook.
Thanks for good news! Your site is very useful for me.Welcome to my blog site :www.truereligionoutletjeans.com.
Comments on this entry are closed.
Previous post: The High Cost of Free Parking, continued
Next post: Which cities have the cheapest taxi rides?
Email Tyler Cowen
Follow Tyler on Twitter
Email Alex Tabarrok
Follow Alex on Twitter
Subscribe in a reader
Follow Us on Twitter
Marginal Revolution on Twitter Counter.com
Get smart with the Thesis WordPress Theme from DIYthemes.