Markets in everything, Hitler-themed beer edition

by on July 29, 2011 at 1:07 am in Food and Drink | Permalink

For German and Austrian tourists, it would seem, sold from northern Italy.  It is also reported that Germans and Austrians are the people who complain the most about the product.  Here is a photo.  Here is a Google translate on the core article.

My apologies if this is not real, but as far as I can tell it seems to check out.

For the pointer I thank Daniel B.

Jon July 29, 2011 at 3:19 am

It’s real. I saw these for sale in Liguria in Italy together with Mussolini themed beer and others.

dearieme July 29, 2011 at 5:27 am

のさず々きれいな 立つ鳥日跡を濁。

So there.

Chris R July 29, 2011 at 6:04 am

I think there’s a wine of that sort too, which the Germans and Belgians are complaining about.

Jay July 29, 2011 at 6:12 am

What would happen if you took into France a wine bottle with a picture of a muslim woman wearing a burka in a public place. Oh the outrage. They might flip cars over, burn them, and then pass a law reducing your liberties.

Mark July 29, 2011 at 7:19 am

“It is also reported that Germans and Austrians are the people who complain the most about the product.”

Not surprising. How would southerners take it if northerners sold beer with pictures of white slaveholders on the bottle?
I once read that many Germans were very upset that the United States built the Holocaust Museum. They questioned how we would take it if they had built a museum depicting the inhumane treatment by white Americans of blacks.

Rahul July 29, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Jokes apart, is there a good Slavery museum anywhere? I’d love to visit one; Germany or elsewhere. The topic is certainly deserving.

liberty July 29, 2011 at 7:51 am

“They questioned how we would take it if they had built a museum depicting the inhumane treatment by white Americans of blacks.”
- Are there a lot of blacks descended from American slave families living in Germany, more to the point who descended by only a generation or so – or who escaped American slavery themselves? I think the comparison is a bit faulty. America is one of the places outside Israel with the most Jews who escaped the holocaust. Of course they will want a museum. Of course we should all want a museum. And, by the way, yes there should be museums about slavery in every country too.

The General July 29, 2011 at 9:21 am

…remember when the Germans came over and liberated the slaves?

Trailsplitter July 29, 2011 at 9:26 am

Excellent point award goes to “The General”

Jens Fiederer July 29, 2011 at 9:55 am

“Hitler-themed beer” seems a bit of an exaggeration. If I’ve got this right, “Beer of history” has a gimmick of printing labels with a historical nature, which can include Hitler, Mussolini, Napoleon, Che Guevara, and any number of other historical people and themes.

Ryan July 29, 2011 at 11:10 am

Has anyone who’s seen it noted the brewing style? Is the Hitler beer a weißbier? Blonde ale?

Scoop July 29, 2011 at 11:39 am

This is outrageous. Hitler was a tee-totaler.

Rahul July 29, 2011 at 1:48 pm

….we need a Hitler tea then. The Brits will market this?

TGGP July 30, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Someone should make a beer featuring a picture of Hitler rejecting a beer being offered to him.

Peter July 29, 2011 at 2:51 pm