Markets in everything durable goods monopoly edition add urgency to your reading

by on July 6, 2012 at 11:53 am in Books | Permalink

Argentina-based publisher Eterna Cadencia has released El Libro que No Puede Esperar – which translates as ‘The Book that Cannot Wait’ – an anthology of new fiction printed in ink that disappears after two months of opening the book.

The link is here, check out how the title looks on the cover, and for the pointer I thank Michael Rosenwald.

Alex Tabarrok July 6, 2012 at 12:11 pm

We should print money with this ink.

Thor July 6, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I hear that ink burns holes in pockets.

Alex Godofsky July 6, 2012 at 2:37 pm

That’s one way to implement negative IOR!

axa July 6, 2012 at 12:20 pm

if you don’t like the book, reuse it as a notebook =)

off topic, but please Tyler dedicate one “that culture that is france” to Minitel: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/28/world/europe/after-3-decades-in-france-minitels-days-are-numbered.html?_r=1

Josh Knox July 6, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Is it available for Kindle?

John David Galt July 6, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I cannot imagine any rational person buying this book and *not* immediately making a copy of it in some durable form, whether paper or digital. The bundle of rights you get when you buy a copy of a copyrighted work certainly includes perpetual possession of the data in it.

AC July 7, 2012 at 2:13 pm

You don’t do that with library books, do you? Two months is long enough to read it, as long as it’s reasonably priced.

David Friedman July 6, 2012 at 3:35 pm

If they try to patent the idea, I can offer previous art–the discussion of timed ink in my _Price Theory_.

Andreas Moser July 6, 2012 at 4:18 pm

No library will stock this.

E. Barandiaran July 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Tyler and Alex, I hope your Spanish is good enough to read and understand these two posts and the comments

Dated March 29, 2012
Dated April 4, 2012

If you still want the book, please send me a $1,000 check to my account in Nigeria and I will send you a copy but you should know my policy is “no refund” (you can return it and exchange it for a picture of your check).