1. Are soil and phosphates the ultimate Malthusian constraint? A long, rambling post but with some points of interest and importance.
2. Human-bird honey trust markets in everything. A long, rambling story, but with some speculative points of interest, including for the very foundations of economic science.
3. Are Republican cities especially at risk from job automation? A spurious correlation most likely, yet the true relationship may be interesting nonetheless.
4. Is there bond market discrimination against historically black colleges and universities? (Do they have the right measure of credit quality? I doubt it.)
5. Do three-point shooters go bankrupt at higher rates? (speculative, plus the link makes some noise, lots of noise in fact.)