There is no great Indian curry stagnation

by on March 10, 2017 at 7:47 am in Food and Drink | Permalink

A washing machine has been launched for the Indian market, with a special mode to tackle curry stains.

Panasonic said the introduction of a ‘curry’ button followed complaints from customers struggling to fully get the food off their clothes.

It says development took two years, testing combinations of water temperature and water flow.

The machine has five other cycles aimed at the Indian consumer, including one to remove traces of hair oil.

Here is the full article, via Ghosh S.

1 Skeptic March 10, 2017 at 9:12 am

India is more than caste, cows & curry, Tyler.

Why do you continue to patronize them in a way you would NEVER DARE w/ Muslims?

Rhetorical, bc obvious (and shameful).

2 N.K Anton March 10, 2017 at 9:16 am

Curry is a seriously a big part of Indian life…

Also, this is pretty flattering news for India anyway. Only other person who can get companies to do stuff by complaining is Trump apparently.

3 The Cuckmeister-General March 10, 2017 at 11:02 am

Hey everyone, check out my new book: Big Cucks, Small Cocks: A Year in the Marginal Revolutions Comment Section

4 dan1111 March 10, 2017 at 9:49 am

Seems like a standard Tyler “weird product” post. Maybe you should get mad at Panasonic for developing the washing machine? But apparently that was in response to what Indians actually wanted.

5 The Cuckmeister-General March 10, 2017 at 11:02 am

6 Axa March 10, 2017 at 10:12 am

Yes, Tyler is a horrible person for not bashing Pakistan and how they’re subhumans, right? 😉

7 The Cuckmeister-General March 10, 2017 at 11:01 am

8 Sukwinder Dixit March 12, 2017 at 11:54 pm

I am knowing that you are knowing that Mr. Tyler is doing the needful only!!

9 Boris_Badenoff March 10, 2017 at 9:33 am

At last, a solution to the shame and heartbreak of turmeric staining of bed linens and undergarments!

10 The Cuckmeister-General March 10, 2017 at 10:30 am

11 londenio March 10, 2017 at 10:40 am

It seems that the user interfaces of cooking devices and washing devices are converging. Soon you will not need a button.

12 The Cuckmeister-General March 10, 2017 at 11:01 am

13 londenio March 10, 2017 at 1:13 pm

You must be so much fun at cucktail parties.

14 The Cuckmeister-General March 10, 2017 at 4:31 pm

LOOOLLLL Well CUCKED Sir!

15 jon livesey March 10, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Solved yet another tragic legacy of colonial rule.

16 TallDave March 12, 2017 at 12:15 am

Well, our washer died the other day, a nontrivial event in a household with 3 small children, one of them in cloth diapers. Actually pretty impressed how much better the new ones are than the 1999 model we replaced — there’s some mystical apparatus to replace the agitator to avoid beating up clothes, and it’s the same size but has nearly twice the capacity. Of course it has the ubiquitous computers which are oversold but do offer some flexibility. But I don’t want my washer on my wireless network until it can also fold my clothes, or at least put them in the dryer.

Also, we were able to read numerous reviews and order it without leaving the house, a benefit again nontrivial.

At any rate I have found incontrovertible evidence that society has advanced enormously in the last 33 years. My God, I remember this fondly.

17 Sukwinder Dixit March 12, 2017 at 11:53 pm

This will make me feels homely