1. China photo of the day; I love the caption as well.
2. Improvised car pools, organized through iPhones.
3. A photograph of Gresham’s Law.
4. How has the financial crisis changed economics? My words: "People used to think that these behavioral effects were small
anomalies that turned up in experiments but washed out in the real
world," says Tyler Cowen, an economist at George Mason University not
himself affiliated with behavioral economics. "But there’s a sense in
which they get multiplied in the real world."
5. NYT Words of the year: Robin Hanson’s "futarchy" makes the list. Go directly to the excerpt here.