1. Peter Boettke’s new paper on Henry Hazlitt.
2. Where do people go when they drop out of the labor force?
3. The sovereignty of American Indian tribes, interesting throughout.
4. Deregulation has lowered the prices of coffins.
5. Susan Sontag, an appreciation, and Doris Lessing, an appreciation. They are both still underappreciated, especially on “the Right.” It is easy to dismiss them for their worst utterances, but they both have been brilliant writers, albeit in very different ways.
6. Which entrepreneurs are benefiting from the violence in Syria?