Monday assorted links
1. How bad were the Black Panthers?
2. Spending a night in the robot-staffed hotel.
3. The Chinese stock market crash is worse than you think.
4. New Yorker profile of Varoufakis. Interesting throughout, covers Obama too, not just the usual even if this seems like familiar territory by now. “Adding up is the essence of democracy.” What an excellent line. The piece is by Ian Parker, and it deserves one of those David Brooks awards.
5. Brains striving for coherence.
6. Daniel Klein on who is a liberal.
7. “…even in relatively egalitarian Sweden, wealth begets wealth.”