Tuesday assorted links
1. The economic value of book awards. And “Perhaps even more impressive: the original English edition tops the current bestseller lists in both Germany and France.” Link here.
2. 538 is hiring economics writers, and MRU is hiring.
3. Even low-wage Cambodia is automating.
4. Why don’t hotels give you toothpaste? (The article could use a bit more Coase.)
5. “…we find that a surprising number of behavioral, demographic, and physiological measures (23 of 122), including fluid intelligence, reading ability, weight, and psychiatric diagnostic scales, correlate with head motion.” Very often I find that observing head motion is a good way to get better insight into people.
6. Is Hitchcock’s Marnie underrated or overrated? Is Andrew Wyeth underrated or overrated?