Markets in everything, New Orleans edition

by on February 28, 2009 at 7:28 am in Religion | Permalink

Church

I thank the insightful Skitzo for the pointer.

missmarketcrash February 28, 2009 at 9:46 am

Looks like a trend – Ryanair is pondering a loo charge on flights – see

Paul Gowder February 28, 2009 at 11:53 am

Given that it is New Orleans, where the art of ripping off tourists has reached an art form found nowhere else in the U.S. (I hear tell people still fall for “I bet I know where you got your shoes”), I’ll bet it’s a lie.

raft February 28, 2009 at 2:35 pm

wow.

Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 4:12 pm

that was taken just across from my house… indeed it was during mardi gras, when bathrooms (clean or otherwise) are in tight supply. finding bushes risks the police finding you, and stories of arrest and fines for such behavior during that week are legion. With an influx of (I believe) around a million people, this is understandable. The was not the only toilet selling operation going on during the last couple of weeks, I can assure you.

Bernard Yomtov February 28, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Opening up your church to rent the restrooms is not much different from opening up your parking lot to rent the parking spaces

Because of course churches see themselves as profit-maximizing organizations, just like commercial parking lot companies.

Barkley Rosser March 1, 2009 at 1:54 pm

The business of charging for toilets in Russia dates back to the communist era.
I have long found it to be one of those unexplained phenomena of economics that
one finds paying for toilets commonplace in more socialist countries, whereas
it is in the capitalistic USA that we view free toilets as a right.

doctorj March 2, 2009 at 8:17 am

Best $2 you could ever spend. It supplies a needed service to the user, plus you get to donate to a charity. It is a win-win.

runescape accounts May 10, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Great site and I am really pleased to see you have what I am actually looking for here and this post is exactly what I am interested in. I shall be pleased to become a regular visitor

buy runescape gold June 15, 2009 at 3:06 am

For this matter, once I discussed with one of my friends, not only about the content you talked about, but also to how to improve and develop, but no results. So I am deeply moved by what you said today.

cheap lotro gold June 22, 2009 at 9:52 pm

lotrogold.biz offer cheap lotro gold
and cheap lotro powerleveling
service.You can come and have a look!Thank you!