Equality Shoes

by on March 26, 2010 at 2:31 pm in Games, Law, The Arts | Permalink

Same-height-shoes

Hint: The woman on the right has not got hers on yet.  Hat tip Kottke.

1 tg March 26, 2010 at 2:54 pm

At 6’2″, I prefer this to equality limb shortening!

2 Mick March 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm

True Liberalos dream. True equality in outcomes.
When rent seeking parasites (govirnmint, academia, MSM) will apply the principle to their wages?

3 William March 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm

There’s a guy in the back to the left who doesn’t appear to have any equality shoes on either. Or, ah, equality toupĂ©e.

4 Earlk March 27, 2010 at 12:36 am

I’m 5’6″, and I now fervently believe that these should be mandatory at every social gathering.

5 Kenton A Hoover March 31, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Plays out a form of Sen’s argument: sure, everyone is now the same height, but some are now more clumsy at walking than the others.

6 anonymousss April 1, 2010 at 11:56 pm

What’s the surprise? There’s a wealth of evidence that tall people do in fact get treated considerably better in our society. Sperm banks won’t even let men donate if they’re less than 5’9″, because people never select a donor who’s less than that tall regardless of any other considerations.

The advantages of height are purely relative too. It’s not like intelligence where smarter is better regardless of where this places you relative to everyone else. The benefit of height is in being taller than other people, not that height is inherently good.

The shoes, though absurd and impractical, don’t strike me as much more absurd than the high heels that are practically mandatory as women’s businesswear.

The scene depicted is a reverse Harrison Bergeron, where everyone is (literally) raised to the level of the tallest person.

7 Cheap LV handbags September 4, 2010 at 2:47 am

Im not going to say what everyone else has already said, but I do want to comment on your knowledge of the topic. You’re truly well-informed.

8 cheap bally handbags September 4, 2010 at 9:15 am

I like your information. I am always look for this type of interesting and good information