*The Great Stagnation* debate with Rob Atkinson

by on March 24, 2011 at 11:40 am in Uncategorized | Permalink

You can watch it here, MP3 version here.  By the way, Rob’s group, ITIF, has put out this working paper on the economic benefits of information technology, and this working paper on whether productivity growth still benefits average Americans.

taxman March 24, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Is there an MP3 version?

anon March 24, 2011 at 1:18 pm

It’s the “great stagnation” dammit! All you will get is an audio-tape.

Craig Fratrik March 27, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Yes, an MP3 version would be nice.

miu miu March 24, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Monkey debate..

mark March 24, 2011 at 1:28 pm

That second paper has the most intelligent refutation of Piketty’s and Saez’s contentions I have ever read.

Andrew March 24, 2011 at 3:02 pm

The audio is not very good. Our department has the capability to conference class, except almost noone can pull it off and even with the full-time IT guy on hand there are always issues. Apple has total control over it’s pocket-sized gadgets and the internet has benefitted from untold residual energy. Stop embarrassing yourselves!

Andrew March 24, 2011 at 4:15 pm

The audio-only, below the video is better sound. Self-recommending, as they say.

Michael Stack March 24, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I wish there were a transcript. It’s so much easier to read an interview than to listen/watch one.

anthony morrison March 25, 2011 at 3:09 am

Almost no one except our department conference classes, and also full of potential for IT-hand man at the time issues can always delete. Apple has total control on the pocket sized gadgets and the internet has benefited untold residual energy. Stop embarrassing yourself.

TGGP March 26, 2011 at 1:43 am

Kudos to Atkinson to debating you on your book which has received so much attention. I thought he did a decent job, but was irked by his discussion of “national competitiveness”. Didn’t he read Krugman debunking that when Robert Reich was pushing it? I don’t see why he thinks we should ignore government transfers when discussing it’s size and how we measure the value of dollars spent. I would have liked if Tyler referenced Robin Hanson’s take on health-care.

Clark March 26, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Is there a way to download the audio rather than playing it in a Flash player for all of us with iPhones who would like to listen while at the gym?

Daniel Castro March 27, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Yes, the audio is available for download as an MP3 at http://www.itif.org/files/audio/2011-debate-great-stagnation.mp3

You can subscribe to our podcast feed from iTunes or directly at: http://itif.org/media/feed

borse louis vuitton March 28, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Came across your blog when I was searching bing I have found the bit of info that
I found to be quite useful. You can visit my site aboutrivenditori louis vuitton