1. Humorist: It is hard not to pick Will Rogers. But was he funny? You tell me. I’ll go with Chuck Norris.
2. Jazz musician: Charlie Christian, and as runner-up Chet Baker.
3. Folk music: Woody Guthrie, here is Do Re Mi.
4. Popular music: Eddie Cochran, and overall the music categories are turning out better than one might have expected. I feel there should be lots in country music but I could not tell you who that might be.
5. Musical, set in: Duh. A favorite of my favorites.
6. Novelist: Ralph Ellison.
7. Painter: Ed Ruscha.
8. Outlaw: Pretty Boy Floyd.
9. Movie, set in: I can think only of Rumblefish.
Here are images of Tulsa Art Deco.
People, this is an underrated state. I hope to end up there later tonight.