1. Top-down cosmology, from Stephen Hawking: "Out of this profusion of beginnings, the vast majority withered away without leaving any real imprint on the Universe we know today. Only a tiny fraction of them blended to make the current cosmos, Hawking and Hertog claim." Hat tip to Jason Kottke.
2. France yields on iTunes, sort of.
3. A listing of libertarian professors; apparently I still make the grade.
4. Bryan Caplan doubts himself. Beware the intelligent argument, it may seduce you.
6. Larry Summers offers investment advice: poor countries should buy fewer U.S. Treasury securities and more equities.