Across the web
1. How have Moneyball draftpick predictions held up? Try this too.
2. Season two of Veronica Mars comes out on DVD Tuesday, but newcomers must start with Season one.
3. I have been trying to develop a theory of when some people get offended by the boasting of others. In a personal ad it is OK to say you are a doctor, but not OK to say how much you earn.
4. Department of Duh: The number one search query on AOL is "Google."
5. Rousseau and Hume once played a chess game; Rousseau’s play crushed Hume’s weak understanding of the Philidor Defense in this short sacrificial gem.
6. Why Poincare’s possibly-now-proven conjecture matters.