These do not spring easily to mind:
1. Public building: The new Denver art museum, by Daniel Liebeskind.
2. Fiction: I reject Kesey and Michener, so I’ll go with Connie Willis’s Doomsday Book, an excellent piece of fantasy/science fiction.
4. Movie, set in: The Shining comes to mind.
5. Music: I can’t pick John Denver and while I enjoy big band, I think that Glenn Miller, once you get past a few tunes, is overrated. Jello Biafra, of The Dead Kennedys, is an obvious pick here; don’t forget "Holiday in Cambodia."
6. Wild card: Ted Mack, remember his amateur hour? It was a favorite show of my father’s.
The bottom line: Eh. Toss in Lon Chaney and Douglas Fairbanks and it is still Eh. I hope the green chili is good.