1. How to keep your job, by Tyler Cowen. This recommendation works only in some sectors, not all.
2. Carlo Maria Cipolla's Basic Laws of Human Stupidity. Arguably some of them are…stupid.
3. How do we know NBA players are trying harder in the playoffs? Can you find a good quantitative metric? What does this imply for labor economics and JB Clark?
4. Should we let private equity hold a majority stake in banks? Read this piece and be tempted by the idea…
5. Will Kindle DX save newspapers? Probably not.
6. The Flores "hobbit" had really long feet; probably a separate offshoot then!