1. Can complex financial assets be booby-trapped?
2. Jon Chait makes the case against prizes.
3. Bruce Bartlett opposes cutting the payroll tax.
4. Which countries produce the most beef? (put the cursor on the balloons)
5. Metaphors: people mostly describe their lives in terms of a "journey"; is this just our tendency to impose false or misleading narrative on events? Poorer people, however, are more likely than richer people to describe their lives as a "battle."
6. John Nye on inequality and positional goods (read the whole symposium).