1. Author and poet: Ruben Dario is a clear first pick and he is by far the most influential Nicaraguan figure in the history of ideas in Latin America. It still reads quite well. Here are Ruben Dario quotations.
2. Artist: Adele de y Gaza. In general I like the naive painting from the Grenada area. I've only seen pictures of her work in books and I can't even find her in Google. If you're looking to sell one by her, let me know. I am also a fan of Alejandro Arostegui, from Bluefield.
3. Bianca Jagger deserves a mention, if only because I don't know of many other Nicaraguans, but for what category? Favorite Nicaraguan model? Favorite Nicaraguan ex-wife of a Rolling Stone?
4. Album, about: The best third of The Clash's Sandinista is one of my favorite albums, period.
5. Film, set in: Men With Guns, by John Sayles. I don't love this movie, but what am I to pick? I found The Mosquito Coast to be excruciating. Here are other options, none of which I've seen, none of which I want to see.
By the way, if you're wondering what happened to "My Favorite Things Alberta," all I could think of was Six.