The author is Ara Norenzayan and the subtitle is How Religion Transformed Cooperation and Conflict. I found this book insightful, well-written and to the point. The book itself lists some of its key propositions:
1. Watched people are nice people.
2. Religion is more in the situation than in the person.
3. Hell is stronger than heaven.
4. Trust people who trust in God.
5. Religious actions speak louder than words.
6. Unworshipped Gods are impotent Gods.
7. Big Gods for Big Groups.
8. Religious groups cooperate in order to compete.
The book’s home page is here.