1. Using electronic medical records to correlate genes with illnesses.
2. It’s not always easy to retract a paper.
3. What is the best year for movies ever?
4. My 2011 post on the economics of Black Friday.
5. Are locality-backed minimum wage hikes the new trend? Keep in mind that unless you have the Sea-Tac airport or some comparably immobile resource in your district, it is harder to make them work if the wage change is local only. This is a classic instance of expressive voting at the expense of good economic policy.