1. Arnold Kling has a question for Thomas Piketty.
2. Suzanne Scotchmer has passed away. In addition to her research achievements, during her time at Harvard she was one of the most popular professors with the graduate students and also one of the most helpful.
3. “Al-Qaida is obsessed with documenting the most minute expenses.”
4. “(There is in fact no bowl.)” — how would we cover the Super Bowl if it were an event in another country? Recommended.
5. California students sue teachers over the existence of tenure.