1. Chess players’ fame versus their merit.
2. Haggis recipe could be tweaked to beat U.S. ban.
3. Who has the edge in getting organs for transplant? (guess)
4. Sumner on Bernanke, more here. And it is scary that Bernanke feels the need to write a blog post opposing the notion that Congress raid the capital of the Fed. It gets sent to the Treasury anyway.
5. NYT obituary of Rene Girard, with lots on Peter Thiel too. It is also odd what this piece leaves out.
6. More from Gelman on mortality rates.