1. A new and significantly revised edition of Ilya Somin’s Democracy and Political Ignorance: Why Smaller Government is Smarter, is coming out in June.
2. Philip Wallach: Farewell to the Administrative State?
3. 1970s spoof of Star Wars, done by the Osmonds, ultimately pointing forward to Return of the Jedi.
4. More is more, and the paradox of choice is not robust. Alternatively, just ask Jeff Bezos. I enjoyed this sentence, but it is a bit absurd that it is needed: “”This research suggests that stores should be mindful of offering too few options,” Mochon said.”
5. In 1999 Donald Trump proposed a massive wealth tax on the rich: “The plan I am proposing today does not involve smoke and mirrors, phony numbers, financial gimmicks, or the usual economic chicanery you usually find in Disneyland-on-the-Potomac,” Trump said.