Friday assorted links
2. How to boost your medal count in seven easy steps, redux of my 2012 Grantland piece with Kevin Grier.
3. The culture that is French: “French town flooded with wine after protesters crack open vats.”
4. “Using a sample of 19 advanced economies spanning over 30 years, I find no empirical evidence that dynamics move in the way Piketty suggests.”
5. The couture culture that is Singapore. And a German perspective on guns and violence in the United States.
6. Trump’s new economic advisory council. And John Holbo on Johnson/Weld.