1. Amish rules: “Children of richer Amish parents are less likely to leave the community.”
2. Those new service sector jobs: “When Mark Holmgren had his arm amputated this spring, he couldn’t stand the thought of his severed limb ending up in the trash. Instead, he had his arm bones cleaned, mounted and preserved for posterity.”
4. A Grand Canal museum for China? I will visit.
5. Which books are abandoned the most often? (Gwern, a knotty problem of estimation)
6. Further evidence on U.S. consumers bearing tariff costs, also relevant for market power debates. And yet further data on the question.