1. “Majority of NYC’s coronavirus cases are men between 18 and 49 years old.” After all, it is their city, isn’t it?
3. “Using death records linked to hospital administrative records, I find that a 10% alleviation of emergency department patient volume significantly lowers the average patient’s chance of mortality.”
6. “When fighting an outbreak such as #COVID19, we must be guided by solidarity, not stigma. The greatest enemy we face is not the virus itself; it’s the stigma that turns us against each other. We must stop stigma & hate!” That is from the head of the WHO, 2/16/2020.
7. Paul Romer and Alan Garber on how to prevent a depression (NYT). And two Paul Romer blog posts on the benefits of better tests.
8. Scott Gottlieb in today’s WSJ, very good piece.