1. 2007 Thomas A. Garett piece on the economics of the 1918 flu pandemic. What else has been written on the macro side?
3. John Gray being John Gray (but “Second Life”??).
5. Why Veneto did better than Lombardy (FT, less hospitalization is one reason).
6. Covid requests for everything: “Kaddish will be said by a group of people who currently have a mild case of Coronavirus and are together at the Prima Palace Hotel in Jerusalem (they are the only people who are legally able to Daven with a Minyan right now.”
8. How Chinese apps handled Covid-19, excellent post.
9. The Covid culture that is middle-aged Pink Floyd fans from New Jersey. You know you want to read this one.
10. MIT economics paper on ventilator rationing schemes, offers concrete proposals, not just BS.
15. Japan finally declares state of emergency. By the way, the mounds of evidence (testing data, not all public) are piling up against the “so many of us already have been exposed” theories.