Monday assorted links
1. Podcast with Daniel Gross on finding undiscovered talent.
2. The economics of Christmas trees.
3. Are Q-tips OK after all? I’ve been wondering about this for years, of course.
4. Does the Flaxman pro-lockdown paper make any sense?
5. A grumpy rant about the humanities.: “If we were living in a culture dominated by grown-ups, Martin Scorsese would be considered the purveyor of middle-brow forgettable fare rather than the gold standard of sophistication, and at least the childless among us would not even have to be aware of Spider-Man’s existence.”
6. ORSIFU: Let’s hope this changes, but currently the FAA is not allowing pilots to take the vaccine.