Watch this if you haven’t already:
What comes to your mind is an interesting kind of Rorschach test. A few options (not necessarily endorsed by me) are:
1. Where did they get that background from?
2. Can I have some of what that monkey is drinking?
3. Wealth concentrations are going to make IRB regulations less relevant over time.
4. How many people want to play Pong against a wired monkey? Will we employ or enslave monkeys to enable this? What is in fact the relevant difference?
5. What else can that monkey (cognitively) do better than I can?
6. Which regulatory agency will have jurisdiction over the (presumably disabled) humans who want this as a medical treatment? What about the non-disabled humans? The Navy pilots?
7. Where does this all end?
8. Will this raise or lower the price of monkeys?