Unlike many people, I am not obsessed with an edit function. But I do wish for the following:
1. A better organization of DMs, including functional search. And why do some of my DMs seem to disappear?
2. End-to-end encryption for DMs.
3. Available blue checks for more people.
4. Lately they have begun serving me up “popular” tweets from major tweeters multiple times. I hate this.
5. Eliminate the quote tweet function, to limit pile-ons. Addendum: I have changed my mind on this one. Sabina Knight notes:
The quote tweet has many excellent functions, particularly for translations and more substantive conversations. I use Twitter to read and write in multiple languages. I love others’ short intros to articles and tweets. Many are humorous, and laughing is a reason to read Twitter for me. I enjoy writing intros and comments myself. The philosophers, very active on twitter, quote to closely reply to others in a discussion. If Twitter eliminated the quote tweet function, I would use Twitter much less.
6. Sometimes my “scroll down” function gets stuck. Unstick it.
7. I don’t myself prefer Promoted Tweets, and in theory yes I hate the bots. But in practice, viewed only selfishly, neither has been a major problem for me. I am not doubting they may be problems for others.
8. Longer-run, when AI is better and cheaper, how about a button “You didn’t subscribe to these tweets, but we think you really might like them.” But apart from the main flow and screen.
9. I wish for a slightly smarter list of trending topics. Yes I am greatly interested in the war in Ukraine, but I really don’t need “Zelenskyy says Russia is trying to hide ‘guilt in mass killing’ as the war in Ukraine continues”.