Monday assorted links
1. “The medieval Catholic Church deliberately and effectively splintered political power in Europe by forming temporal alliances, funding proxy wars, launching crusades, and advancing ideology to ensure its autonomy and power.”
2. Why you should teach at a community college.
3. Fewer Jews in the Ivy League, though up at Brown.
4. La Nacion interview with me (in Spanish). And new re-review of Notorious Byrd Brothers.
5. Chris Hughes (earlier of Facebook) is now an academic Arthur Burns revisionist? (NYT)
7. Dating apps with AI? And recurrent memory transformers?
8. “So experts doubt that the measures will be tightly enforced.” (The Economist, on Chinese AI restrictions)