1. My hosts retitled my lecture "Globalization Destroying the World Culture."
2. I arrived on time but the talk started over ninety minutes late. Even after the midpoint of the talk, more people were filing in.
3. I was put on a dais at least twelve feet high. A large purple, gold, and pink ribbon was pinned on me, perhaps to indicate I was the speaker.
4. Everyone listened with absolutely rapt attention, but it seemed only the communists understood much English.
5. Those same communists were greatly agitated about American world hegemony and the onset of "Hollywood lesbianism" in India.
6. Before speaking I was fed a delicious fish and shrimp curry in Bengali mustard sauce.