National Review’s John Miller is crazy to think that there are any conservative rock songs, an oxymoron if ever there was one. Nevertheless here is his list of the top fifty with commentary. Below is the top ten. I would have put Rush’s Trees and Red Barchetta closer to the top of the list. 2112 was my first introduction to Ayn Rand. Rock on.
- "Won’t Get Fooled Again," by The Who.
- "Taxman," by The Beatles.
- "Sympathy for the Devil," by The Rolling Stones.
- "Sweet Home Alabama," by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- "Wouldn’t It Be Nice," by The Beach Boys.
- "Gloria," by U2.
- "Revolution," by The Beatles.
- "Bodies," by The Sex Pistols.
- "Don’t Tread on Me," by Metallica.
- "20th Century Man," by The Kinks.
Hat tip: J-Walk Blog.