Probably influenced by Tyler’s post on Radiohead, my last post ended by providing computer code for "regression-heads" to replicate some numbers.  But what is the right term for those I just called (affectionately) regression-heads?

  1. Ian Ayres would call you a Super Cruncher
  2. Steve Levitt would suggest you are a Freakonomist
  3. If this were the Society for American Baseball Research you would be a Sabermetrician
  4. Our friends in finance would call you a quant.

Perhaps readers of this blog are Marginal Revolters?  Other ideas?

(Yes, I’ve heard Econometrician.)


Comments for this post are closed