The most popular post on MR for 2017 was my post, Switzerland is Prepared for Civilizational Collapse. Who can tell what will go viral? I suppose people are thinking a lot about civilizational collapse in recent times.
Next was Tyler’s post on Richard Thaler’s Nobel Prize.
There’s a lot of interest in Tyler’s religious beliefs as What is the Strongest Argument for the Existence of God? and Why I Don’t Believe in God were both widely read and commented upon.
Next came a bunch of econ posts from both Tyler and myself including:
- Tesla’s Damaged Goods Problem
- The Gender Gap in STEM is Not What You Think
- It’s Time for Some Game Theory, United Airlines Edition
- The Uber Tipping Equilibrium
- Food Deserts
- A simple theory of Moore’s law and social media
- What it Would Take to Change My Mind on Net Neutrality
Overall, what strikes me is how normal 2017 seems. Compare with last year’s top posts, which are crazy. I don’t think 2017 was any less crazy than 2016 but–god help us–crazy has become normal.