3. Anti-price gouging laws mean masks leave America, I wonder if Alex is preparing a whole post on this link?
5. The culture that is Bengali priorities: sweet shops will stay open. And a short history of coronavirus in Japan. And Ezra Klein interviews Evan Osnos on coronavirus and U.S.-China relations.
7. Why there are lags in scaling up California testing. A very good (and depressing) piece.
10. “Our infectiousness model suggests that the total contribution to R0 from pre-symptomatics is 0.9 (0.2 – 1.1), almost enough to sustain an epidemic on its own. For SARS, the corresponding estimate was almost zero (9), immediately telling us that different containment strategies will be needed for COVID-19.” Link here.
15. Our system of scientific funding is broken for rapid science (recommended).