1. Painter: Marko Čelebonović. Plus lots of the art in the monasteries.
3. Author: Danilo Kiš, the Serbian Borges. Or how about Milorad Pavic, Dictionary of the Khazars, which somehow seems to have fallen through the cracks since the time of its publication. Ivan “Ivo” Andrić is the Serbian Nobel Laureate, sort of, he espoused a Serbian identity but actually was Bosnian.
4. Actor and director: Emir Kusturica. Recently he has disappointed, and taken flak, for having supported Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. He is still an impressive creator, however, and is also an accomplished musician and author. Did I mention that he espouses a Serbian national identity, and has converted to Orthodox Christianity, but originally was a Bosnian Muslim?
5. Actress: Milla Jovovich, most of all in Fifth Element and also Resident Evil, she is part Serbian.
6. Economist and blogger: Branko Milanović.
7. Sports: Lots of tennis players, plus Pete Maravich was of Serbian descent.
Other: Tesla was ethnic Serbian though born in Croatia. American poet Charles Simic was born in Serbia, though he moved to the United States at a young age.