1. A sense of virtue/justice/right that is large and challenging.
2. An appreciation of wisdom as something different than progressive research programs/specialized academic fields and disciplines.
3. An understanding of the sociology of judgment, in particular the role of great humans.
4. An epic narrative, from Thucydides to today.
5. Rediscovery, analysis, elaboration, and instruction of esotericism.
6. Close readings and interpretations of great works.
7. Inspiring, cultivating serious students and followers.
I should add that Dan also is developing a counterpart list, of weaknesses in Strauss’s outlook and approach.